Candidates and Issues Forum to Be Held Outdoors on Sept. 21
After much education, consultation with local health and safety experts and community planning, Boardman Civic Association has announced that it will hold its 2020 Candidates and Issues Forum as an in-person, outdoor event.
As in years past, candidates and representatives for both political office and community issues will present information to assist voters in the upcoming election at this annual BCA event.
The forum will be held Monday, September 21 at 5:30 pm at Boardman Park’s Maag Amphitheater. Outdoor seating will be arranged for appropriate social distancing. Attendees are asked to consider bringing their own chairs.
An outdoor sound system will be used for guests to listen. Those who prefer to remain in their vehicles will be able to hear the proceedings on their radios via Boardman Park’s short-range FM transmitter — the same system used for Boardman Park’s Holiday Lights display.
In the event of rain, the Forum will be moved indoors to Boardman Park’s Community Center Rotary Room, and guests will be limited to speakers, BCA Board Members and a TV crew. The sound system and FM broadcast will still be available.
BSTN will videotape all speakers for later broadcast on their cable television network.
The dinner that is usually part of the Candidates and Issues Forum will not be held this year.
The following candidates’ races and issues will be highlighted at BCA’s 2020 Candidates and Issues Forum:
- U.S. Congress 13th District
- Ohio State Representative 59th District
- Mahoning County Commissioner (Term 1/2/2021)
- Mahoning County Commissioner (Term 1/3/2021)
- Mahoning County Prosecuting Attorney
- Mahoning County Probate Judge
- Mahoning County Area Court Judge
- Mahoning County Recorder
- Mahoning County Coroner
- Mahoning County Senior Citizen Services
- Mahoning County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Boardman Township Levies
- Boardman Township Park District Levy
- Boardman Local School District Levy